- “If Given a Chance” is a Napa County organization that supports high school graduates who’ve overcome major challenges and want to continue their education.
- The NVYAC is a place you can connect or find support — but it’s also an opportunity for service. Check out our projects and eventsand see what you might like to get involved in.
100 Ways to Change the World:
- Check out these 100 ideasfor making a difference.
Part-time Job Opportunities:
- Search by ZIP code at GrooveJob.
- You may not find local jobs at MyFirstPaycheck, but the categories could give you some ideas about what kind of part-time or temporary work to look for.
- Job-seekers ages 16-21 can find summer jobs, internships, and info about career paths at GetThatGig.
Running Your Own Business:
- Thinking about starting your own small business? You can find ideas and guidelines at theTeen Business Link.
- StayTeenis a basically cool website with videos and articles by other teens, focusing on relationships and pregnancy prevention.
The Domestic Violence Hotline:
- The Domestic Violence Hotlineoffers 24/7 availability for help, plus advice for helping a friend who’s being abused and tips on recognizing abuse.
- You can call 1-800-RUNAWAY (anonymous, confidential, and free) if you are a teenager thinking of running from home, if you have a friend who has run and is looking for help, or if you are a runaway ready to go home through our Home Free program. You’ll also find more info at the website.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-273-8255 is a free, confidential, 24/7 resource available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. The website also offers more about how to identify if you or a friend are at risk for suicide.